The Pine Mountain Regional Library System serves Meriwether, Upson, Talbot, and Taylor Counties with 7 branch libraries.
Not sure where your local library is? Just click on your county name to the right to find the location nearest you!
Contactless Curbside Pickup Available
All branches continue to have contactless curbside pickup available. You can pick up holds, place an order for up to 5 items that are on our shelves and have documents faxed, scanned or copied (must pay in cash). It’s easy! Just call your library to set up an appointment during open hours. When you arrive just open your trunk/hatch and stay in your car.
New! Westlaw access for Talbot County Library Users
Access to WestLaw is generously provided by the Talbot County Law Library Board of Trustees to help the citizens of Talbot County research their legal questions.
To access Westlaw go to: https://legal.thomsonreuters.com/en/c/remote-patron-access
- Georgia COVID-19 Hotline: 844-442-268
- Georgia Department of Public Health: https://dph.georgia.gov/
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America: https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/03.16.20_coronavirus-guidance_8.5x11_315PM.pdf
- Georgia Home Classroom from Georgia Public Broadcasting and the Georgia Department of Education: https://www.gpb.org/education/learn
TumbleBooks is a collection of animated talking picture books, read-alongs, ebooks, quizzes, lesson plans, and educational games for children grades K-6.
The awesome folks with TumbleBooks have given us access to their library of eBooks and eAudiobooks until August 31st!
TumbleBooks’ databases are easy to use, and feature unlimited access from home! You can read as many books as you want, when they want, and on any device. There are no check-outs, holds, or bulky downloads. Books are available instantly.
To access these databases simple click the link to the desired library below!
TumbleMath is a K-6 math ebook database
It also has a TeenBookCloud for grades 7-12
AudioBookCloud provides audio books for all age groups
eRead Kids is a new digital library of almost 15,000 eBooks and audiobooks for children from pre-k through fourth grade.
Digital eBooks, Audiobooks, and Videos
Check out the RBdigital website to browse the collection, register, check out and download audio and ebooks. Don’t forget to check out their mobile apps, available from the Apple, Google Play and Amazon Kindle stores!
A Message from the Library Director
As the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, I wanted to let you know what we are doing at the Pine Mountain Regional Library System. I am concerned about the health of our staff and patrons but I also want to continue to provide essential Library services.
- Reminders of proper hand hygiene and respiratory
- Covering coughs and sneezes with something other than your hand, such as a handkerchief or tissue
- If you don’t have a handkerchief or tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow or shoulder
- Washing hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth
- Routine wiping and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces
- Staff and patrons are encouraged to stay home if they are ill or have a fever
- Legos, toys, puzzles, puppets and other difficult-to-sanitize items have been stored away to avoid the possibility of spreading the virus
- We will continue our usual collection maintenance activities, which include cleaning (but not disinfecting) materials, as needed.
We are practicing social distancing by removing some of the chairs at our reading tables to make it harder to spread the virus.
We have canceled programming effective Monday, March 16. If necessary, we will cancel use of our meeting rooms.
Please note that the Library is unable to sanitize every single item that is checked out from its branches (books, DVDs, etc.). Staff will be cleaning furniture and computers in the library but it is not possible to completely sanitize these items. Patrons are advised to wash their hands after handling library materials and avoid touching their faces.
During this time, I want to encourage you to check out the Library’s RBDigital service and eReads Kids.
Please remember that our libraries are shared public spaces. For the health and safety of others, please be thoughtful about coming into the library if you are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms which are similar to those of the common cold and the flu: coughing, sneezing and/or running a fever.
The State of Georgia does not provide tax forms for distribution at the libraries. Current tax forms and publications are available online from the Georgia Department of Revenue and the Internal Revenue Service.
Pay Fines Online!
The Pine Mountain Regional Library System is now accepting online credit card payments for account balances of fines and fees on your Georgia PINES library card. Read more…
Board Meetings of the Pine Mountain Regional Library System and its branches are open to the public. See the Schedule
Georgia Libraries for Accessible Statewide Services (GLASS) supports accessible library services in Georgia by promoting the use of assistive technology and by providing accessible reading materials to those who, due to a disability, are unable to read standard print.
Georgians can now
register to vote online!
Use the State of Georgia’s Online Voter Registration System (OLVR) system to:
- Check and see if you are registered to vote
- Register to vote
- Make changes to your current registration record
In compliance with the Georgia Security & Immigration Compliance Act OCGA 13-10-91, PMRLS participates in E-Verify, Employer ID #30420