EBOOKS & MORE
Our library offers access to great digital content for all of your mobile devices! All you need is your library card, a device, and Internet access!
How do I get a library card?
What if I don’t know my PIN or password?
Borrow ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines to read on your phone or tablet using the Libby app, by OverDrive. You can even send and read your borrowed ebooks to your Kindle ereader! It’s free and easy to get started for new users and a streamlined experience for current Overdrive app users. Learn more.
Is Libby free?
Yes, Libby is completely free. It’s free to install, and there are no subscription costs, no in-app purchases, and no late fees. All you need is a valid library card.
Is Libby the same as the OverDrive app?
No, Libby and the OverDrive app aren’t the same. But if you’re looking for the OverDrive app, you’re in the right place! Libby is OverDrive’s newer reading app, with the same great content plus features we know you’ll love.
How can I get help with the Libby app?
Check out the Libby Help Center for step-by-step instructions for getting started, sending books to Kindle (US only), placing holds on titles and much more!
eRead Kids offers thousands of ebooks and audiobooks all from the comforts of your home. Kids can choose from best-sellers, classics, and graphic novels. You can download to a variety of devices including your tablet, smartphones, mobile devices, and computers. Worried about overdue fees? eRead Kids is digital, so there are no overdue charges.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does it work?
To browse and check out items, visit our eRead Kids page or download the Axis360 mobile app from your devices app store. Items check out for 2 weeks, and patrons can check out up to 5 items at a time per account. Patrons can also place up to 10 items on hold at one time.
Browse and checkout items on your computer
- Visit the eRead Kids page on your computer.
- Click on LOGIN in the top right corner of the page.
- Enter your library card number and your PINES PIN/password.
- Browse ebooks and audiobooks for available for download.
- Click on the cover of the item you would like to checkout. Click checkout. The item will then be downloaded to your checked out shelf under the main menu.
- Click READ NOW to begin reading.
- The item will open in a new browser tab. When you’re done, add a digital bookmark and close the tab. To read offline, choose “Offline Access” from the left-hand menu.
- Return your items when you’re finished reading! The checkout period is 14 days.
Access eRead Kids on your mobile device
- Download the Axis360 app from the App Store or Google Play on your mobile device.
- Enter Pine Mountain Regional Library in the search box to find your library.
- Enter your library card number and your PINES PIN/password. Click login.
- Click on the book icon in the top right hand corner of the app to access checkouts, holds, and wishlists. Click the three dots in the top right hand corner of the app to access the home page and browse titles available for checkout.
- Read and enjoy!
How can I get help?
Bring your device and visit a Pine Mountain Regional Library System branch.
Through GALILEO, discover articles, books, media and more. GALILEO, Georgia’s virtual library, is an initiative of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia. GALILEO is an online library portal to authoritative, subscription-only information that isn’t available through free search engines or internet directories.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is available on GALILEO?
GALILEO has more than 100 databases that include more than 10,000 journals, books, magazines, business directories, government publications, and encyclopedias. Patrons use GALILEO for scholarly research, personal research, entertainment, and more. It includes language learning, legal forms, study prep and so many other services.
How do I use GALILEO?
- Visit the GALILEO on your device.
- If you are on a computer at a Pine Mountain Regional Library branch, you will not have to login. You will be able to immediately begin using the service.
- If you are not at a PMRLS location, enter “Pine Mountain Regional Library System” in the search box.
- It will redirect you to a PINES login screen. Enter your PINES library card number and PIN/password.
- After logging in, you will be redirected back to GALILEO.
- Choose between “Elementary School,” “Middle School,” “High School,” and “Full” to access databases.
- A few databases will appear on the main page. You can search all databases in the search bar, or you can search for specific journals or databases from the links in the top right corner.
What types of databases are available to me?
- GALILEO has a wide variety of resources available. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Mango Languages: Free access to more than 72 foreign language courses. Once you sign up, you’ll be able to use the Mango Languages app!
- Learning Express: Free access to college prep tests, online math and reading skills improvement tests for grades 4 through college, GED prep, citizenship exam prep, career preparation, and more.
- HeritageQuest: Genealogical and historical sources for more than 60 countries, with coverage dating back as early as the 1700s. Ancestry.com is also available when you’re at a PMRLS location.
- LegalForms: Gale LegalForms can help you understand common legal procedures through customizable legal documents that you can easily modify to create accurate, reliable forms without stress. Forms are accessible online, mobile responsive, and downloadable in Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, and other formats
How can I get help?